So Jaren passed off pocketknife safety at boy scouts and very thoughtfully approached Cory about getting a knife of his own. Cory took him to Cabela's and picked up this little number. She's pretty cool. I'm told she's a 12 (which is better than an 11?) Anyhow, the next day he told me that he had a paper cut on his finger that he got at school. We were driving and I told him I would take to it when we got home. Later that night with friends and family around I notice that Jaren has taken care of the cut himself. It finally dawns on me and so I ask him, Jaren, don't you think it's weird that you have a cut on your finger and you got your pocketknife yesterday? And he said, No, I got a paper cut at school. To which I said, Scout's honor? His face scrunched up and he knew that he had been caught. He said Oh, man. I hope that he has learned his lesson that his mother knows everything and plus, I have found his kryptonite. <------ Insert evil laughter here.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
stop me if you've heard this one
So Jaren passed off pocketknife safety at boy scouts and very thoughtfully approached Cory about getting a knife of his own. Cory took him to Cabela's and picked up this little number. She's pretty cool. I'm told she's a 12 (which is better than an 11?) Anyhow, the next day he told me that he had a paper cut on his finger that he got at school. We were driving and I told him I would take to it when we got home. Later that night with friends and family around I notice that Jaren has taken care of the cut himself. It finally dawns on me and so I ask him, Jaren, don't you think it's weird that you have a cut on your finger and you got your pocketknife yesterday? And he said, No, I got a paper cut at school. To which I said, Scout's honor? His face scrunched up and he knew that he had been caught. He said Oh, man. I hope that he has learned his lesson that his mother knows everything and plus, I have found his kryptonite. <------ Insert evil laughter here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is the best one yet!
oh bradley is soooo jealous right now.
That is one of the best Jaren stories ever.
Post a Comment