Thursday, April 15, 2010

Don't Cry Butterfly

So lately when Lainey is upset I tell her "don't cry butterfly." Usually when I tell her this I get a little giggle to replace her tears. Now when she thinks that I am upset she will tell me the same thing. I have often thought of the relationship that I share with my mom and the relationship that she has with my grandma. I am hoping that the trend continues and that I will share such a close relationship with my daughter. How amazing to think that I am raising my best friend and even though she is two, we have inside jokes.

So about a week or so ago Sherral asked me to make a baby present for a friend of hers daughter. I wanted something kind of different and somehow came up with this butterfly. And tonight as I was finishing it up and Lainey came over and said "Oh, momma it's a butterfly" I kind of realized how perfect a gift it would be for a new baby girl. So cheers to you baby girl and here is your don't cry butterfly.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Cute story. Cute butterfly.

Loralee said...

So CUTE! I'm going to start saying, "Don't Cry Butterfly."

Katie! You need to start selling these on Etsy! They are too special.

Marnie said...

Umm, this is really cute! I need one. Come to Texas and craft with me.

Brittan said...

maybe i teared up a little when i read that...

the ladies in your family are amazing! i want to be one. i love the butterfly. next time we're together we should get crafty.

Laura Alvord said...

Katie, I looked at your blog on Sunday (linked to it from Facebook) and saw this super cute butterfly and thought, "I didn't know Katie was so crafty" and then to my surprise your mom gave it to ME on Monday. How lucky are we? Maci says thank you and that she will love it a lot if Meg will ever let her have it. You are amazing! The headband is super cute too. Thanks!!!